Keys and Cowls is a very difficult retro puzzle platformer. Sneak your way through the Temple of Iris, past the keepers of the temple who can kill you with a glance, and discover the treasures and secrets within.
Arrows or WASD to move. Z to jump. X or Spacebar to throw keys.
Hold I to see your Statistics.
Originally for GBJam 5.
Updates (As of Nov. 12, 2016):
- Adjusted Blind Friar behavior
- Added 3 levels (Forge, Organ and Vault)
- Added Secret Warp Zone (Accessible from Foyer)
- Added Savegame
- Slowed gameplay on
Updates (As of Nov. 3, 2016):
- Fixed Bug that made keys double every level.
- Added splash screen
- Added Blind Friar
- Added Ghost Squid
- Added 2 levels (Catwalk and Workshop)
Updates (As of Oct. 23, 2016):
- Fixed Bug that made Library and Bathhouse levels crash
- Updated animation for characters
- Added uncalled for and probably not very good mobile controls
- Keys are now persistent
Updates (As of Oct. 21, 2016):
- Monks' death-glare looks so much less awful.
- Monks take a a moment to turn around, easing up the difficulty a smidge.
- Score and statistics actually work now.
- Fiddled with level layouts to improve the flow.