I found this game and am enjoying it! I did have a few game rules questions, but I don't know author's email, or itch.io mailbox to ask the questions. If someone could help me out, that would be great!
Hall of the Dwarven King
A downloadable game
As a recently-crowned Dwarven King, you'd quite like a palace. Your followers would rather spend their days fighting amongst themselves and drinking. Good luck with that.
Hall of the Dwarven King is a dice game for one player. Each of your seven dice represents the whims of one of your followers, Sometimes they'll feel like mining or building, but just as often, they'd rather drink or get into fights.
Try to order them around too much and they'll just walk off. So if you want a palace (Which, of course you do) you'll need to work around the Dwarves' inclinations, build Taverns and Gaming halls so they'll be happier doing what you say, or just bribe them if you have the cash.
All you need to play Hall of the Dwarven King is this PDF, a pencil and seven standard dice. Share your high score, or a scan of your best game in the comments below.
If you like this, you should try my other, similar game: Tower of Mages!
Quick Update: (August 14 2017)
- Added double sheet version. It has two copies of the game, but no rules, in order to minimize paper use.
Update 1.2: (August 11 2017)
- Made some more clarifications
- Changed costs of buildings
- Removed Mercenaries, added Bribery
- Nerfed Throne Room
Update 1.1: (August 8 2017)
- Fixed some typos, clarified some rules
- Removed restriction on rerolling ones
- Added gems in Dig track. (Give 1-6 points when reached)
- Added Easy (Elven) and Hard (Legendary) modes.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Hall of the Dwarven King in Buttonshy Board Game of the Month!Feb 11, 2018
- Thank you everyone!Aug 12, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If you're comfortable, you can ask me here, so other people can benefit from it, otherwise, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for the reply. I had asked if there was a way to ask questions, but noticed the last post was over 2 years old, so I figured it was dead. Anyway... Here some questions.
* What are the value of the statues? They are expensive for only giving one point. It would seem they should be worth more points or something.
* With the throne room...I take it the "gain points equal to the throne room's depth..." only happens when you first buy it?
* To make sure I understand correctly, the 'unique' label on the tavern, gaming den and concert hall simply means you can only have one of each?
* I know it's meant as a simple roll and write game, but it seems there should be more to do with the gold. (ex: At the end of the game, gain 2 points for each 5 gold (or something like that).
* It would be cool to have a point breakdown ranking at the end of the game. (Ex: 80 - 95 apprentice dwarf... etc.)
I really have enjoyed playing this game! I'm eager to play some of your other games on itch.io and boardgamegeek.com
Sorry there's not much in the way of answers here, this game got picked up by Button Shy, so I've been answering most questions in the legends-of-dsyx channel on their Discord: https://discord.gg/GGgupT
1. Statues are worth 1 point per statue. So if you have 3 statues, they'll be worth 3 points each for 9 total.
2. I'm pretty sure this is every turn.
4. The point is that you have to make use of the gold you have before the end of the game, either building things or adjusting rolls.
5. This is pretty common feedback, but it's been a heck of a time gathering information to figure out averages. You'll find plenty of other players on the Button Shy server though.
I hope that helps!
Played 3 games! On the final game I think I finally got it right; managed to make it to depth 4 with a bunch of vaults but no throne. I don't know if the building dwarf needs a buff but I basically could only build things when I had enough gold to hire mercenaries., and I just skipped building anything but vaults anyways.
Could you clarify some rules? If I build a mine at dept three and use a mining dwarf to mine up some shiny stuff, does "For each Depth, reroll the dice" mean that I can use that dwarf to try to get gold three times, for like a max of 15 gold? Also, do mercenaries need to be hired in the order they'd be resolved? So say I didn't roll a cook, and didn't want to sacrifice a dwarf to re roll more dwarfs, do I need to hire that mercenary before I resolve dwarves 4, 5 and 6?
Thanks for making a neat game!
'bout to play the heck out of this, it's right up my alley! I found you a typo though, check out text block 11, where it says 'At the end of the game, gain points the Statues and Vaults you've built...'
Supposed to say 'gain points for the Stautes...' I imagine? At any rate this shit looks A+ and I am stoked to play.