Arcane Bakery Clash V0.4
A downloadable game
It's been a long time coming. You and a particular co-worker at the Arcane Bakery simply cannot work together anymore. In a moment of frustration, you challenge them to a duel: After close, no holds barred. The loser resigns. And cleans up the mess.
Arcane Bakery Duel is a tiny card game for two players, with a memory-based timed combat mechanic. Put recipes in the oven, and take them out at the right time to confuse, steal from, and cripple your opponent, while building up your own strength.
Defend yourself with a Impenetrable Fondant Field or a Toffeeskin potion. Send razor-sharp Cookie Shards flying at your opponent, or slow them down with a frosty Cone of Ice Cream.
Unfortunately if you mess up your timing, the whole batch could wind up exploding in your face.
This game was created for the 2017 9-Card Nanogame contest on BoardGameGeek, and, while playable, is not quite "finished". Any feedback you can give would be very appreciated.
All you need to play is the nine cards in the PDF, eight D6s and a Gingerbread Person (Or a meeple, if you want something less... perishable)
- 03-27-2017: Changed the cards as a result of playtesting. Made some minor rules rewording.
- 03-30-2017: Made some other minor changes to cards. Due to contest rules, removed D12s from component list. Added Stamina Coin to track extra health.
- 03-31-2017: Added line art illustrations to the cards.
- 04-10-2017: Cleaned up rulebook in response to feedback. Removed Stamina Coin rule, max health is now 6.
- 04-13-2017: Adjusted baking times and strength of cards. Clarified some card text. Added clarifications in the rules. Added a hand limit.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.